"be my valiant_tine*"
(crude photo manipulation from: -a) internetcensus2012, a graphical depiction of world Internet activity by active IP addresses in June to October 2012, from bitbucket.org; -b) candy heart from techtimes.com; and -c) a missing photo, the one you know is there but can't come close to being shown, of the billions of data packets sent and received between IP addresses, connections made and unmade, forked and unforked, every minute -- which, actually and not metaphorically, represents an enormous mirror image we've created of the link-link going on inside our heads)
Happy Valentine's Day, Internet. I love hanging out with you.
20160213 11:20 (10 words)
* words: finding worth by following the forks
- valiant \'val-yənt\ adj [ME valiaunt, fr. OF, fr. prp. of valoir to be of worth, from L valēre to be strong -- more at wield] (14c) 1: possessing or acting with bravery or boldness : courageous (~ soldiers) 2: marked by, exhibiting, or carried out with courage or determination : heroic (~ feats)
- tine \'tīn\ n [ME tind, fr. OE; akin to OHG zint point, tine] (bef. 12c) 1: a slender pointed projecting part : prong 2: a pointed branch of an antler -- tined \'tīned\ adj
- [from "Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary" tenth edition, 1994]
5 versions of "Piece of My Heart", by Jerry Ragovoy and Bert Berns, originally recorded by Erma Franklin (Aretha Franklin's older sister) in 1967, then by Big Brother and the Holding Company with Janis Joplin, from "Cheap Thrills" 1968
- Erma Franklin, a single 1967
- Ike & Tina Turner and the Ikettes, live 1971
- Nazareth from "Maximum XS: The Essential Nazareth" 2004
- Anna and the Barbies live in Budapest (2011?)
- Elvis Rock Band - 20 from Brazil, live (2012?)
- John Turturro's, Rosedale Queens love opera "Romance and Cigarettes" 2005, on tubi tv