(photo of two chairs in garden)
(Outtake ideas for Season 3 of "The Blacklist" on NBC, adding 1 outtake per episode to the closing credits, with Red and Liz sitting in two chairs in a garden, both with drinks, smoking cigars, looking out)
- RED: Doing this with a slim, attractive girl, is really much more fun.
- LIZ: Beam me up, Scotty.
- RED: Thanks for saving my life again.
- LIZ: It was in the script. Don't take it personally.
- RED: I think I need a bigger gun.
- LIZ: I'm so not touching that.
- RED: You really are quite charming.
- LIZ: You realize you went over the hill, a few hundred miles back.
- RED: I think you are even hotter as a blond.
- LIZ: Thanks, but the last thing I want to think about is your thermometer.
- RED: What do you like best about me?
- LIZ: Not sure. It's hard to see anything past the super-nova of your ego.
- RED: I think the way you handle a gun is really quite sexy.
- LIZ: Again -- this is about your thermometer, not me.
- RED: So when I'm sitting with you, like this, how do I forget about my personal thermometer?
- LIZ: You could try pulling your pants up over your ears, and smoke the cigar through your zipper.
- RED: You realize I'm not all bad.
- LIZ: Sure. You're just a good guy who found enormous opportunity in a bad world.
- RED: Why, in this contest between good and bad, is good so "unrelenting"?
- LIZ: It's genetic.
- RED: What is?
- LIZ: The struggle between good and bad. It's a mirror image in the moment, of long-term evolution. So as long as we keep evolving, time is on good's side, and seems unrelenting.
- RED: (pause) I've never seen you like this.
- LIZ: Because I'm not a character in your story?
20150922 11:49 (333 words)
- "Little Bribes" by Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie, from "The Open Door EP" 2009
- "My Heart With You" by The Rescues, from "The Rescues EP" 2010, performed in studio Dec. 2009
- "Crash Into the Sun by Jim White, from "Transnormal Skiperoo" 2007
- "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman, from "Tracy Chapman" 1988, performed live